1. The Street Stylers Scholarships are administered by Street Stylers, Inc., to further the education of students in the fashion fields. The education must take place in an accredited institution of learning in the United States, its possessions, or Canada.
The Street Stylers Scholarship is restricted to tuition; the Street Stylers Scholarship funds may be used for materials or travel, as well as tuition.
2. Applications must be computer-generated or typed. They must include the application form, official transcripts, no less than five and no more than sixteen digital images and an image description sheet. Unofficial transcripts are not acceptable and will disqualify the application.
3. Images must be submitted as digital images of completed work.
4. Images: There may be two (2) images for each work: one image of the entire piece and one optional digital image. The image size should be saved at approximately 4 x 6 inches on the long side. The files should saved in .jpg format. The image should be 300 dpi with 2000 pixels on the long side.
Label the files: Artist-Title_of_Work_One.jpeg (or .jpg), for example: Smith-NightSky.jpg, etc.
Images may be color corrected to accurately represent the work but not enhanced in any way. Image editing is limited to cropping and adding or modifying a solid background of white, black, or gray.
It is the student's responsibility to ensure that all material is in a readable format.
5. The accepted digital images will become the property of Street Stylers and may be used for Street Stylers publications and other promotional purposes. Incomplete entry forms will be returned to the student.
Applications must be postmarked by February 1 before the requested academic year. Those with later postmarks will not be opened.
6. The Scholarship Committee Chairman may disqualify incomplete or illegible applications.
7. The scholarship awards will be made in the Summer of each year. Amounts of the awards are based on income from the scholarship funds.
8. Scholarship funds will be released only after notification of enrollment in the recipient's accredited school. The scholarship funds can be sent either to the student or to the bursar's office. If funds are sent directly to the student, the student may bear an income tax liability.
9. The Street Stylers Scholarship may be used only for tuition.
The Street Stylers Scholarship may be used for materials or travel on a case-by-case basis. The Street Stylers Scholarship is weighted towards weaving students.
10. The scholarship funds must be spent within one year of the issue date on the check. Recipients agree to return all unspent money.
11. By June of the following year, a written report on the use of the money, accompanied by receipts and images of the work completed to date, must be sent to the Scholarship Committee, in care of the Street Stylers office.
12. Visual materials sent by successful applicants may be retained and used at the discretion of Street Stylers, Inc.
13. The decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final.
14. Mail completed applications and other required materials to:
Street Style Co., Ltd.
Scholarship Committee: 104 Isabella St, Pembroke, ON, Canada, K8A 5S8